Thursday, May 11, 2017

something funny happened today

Okay, so I probably promised myself I wouldn't mention the word Denmark or anything related to it anymore but let me break that spell for a bit for blogging's sake.

Early last year, Danish boy was packing for his trip back home and casually gave me two pieces of coins as a souvenir or whatever. It wasn't a big deal, it was something like it was scattered somewhere and he was like, "do you want it?" and I'm like, "sure, whatever" But I kept it in my wallet  for the longest time. And maybe, it meant a lot to me back then. I liked the fact that I had it and that he gave it to me. I was also super confident that I wouldn't lose it because I rarely ever lose anything.

Until I did.

Just one day, it wasn't in my wallet anymore and I couldn't find it anywhere. And I remember feeling really sad about it because it had a sentimental value to me and I felt bad about myself for losing it, for not taking care of it etc. Eventually, I've accepted that I most likely paid the bus fare with it and that I will never see it again.

I'm not sure if this happened before or after I decided to buy that stupid ticket to Denmark but I'm sure I took it as bad sign about me and Danish boy. I mean, we weren't really anything. For the whole year, our friendship was on and off, flirting here and there etc. I honestly can't be bothered to remember in detail what we were being at that time but it was like that, in general.

Anyway, pre-Denmark, I thought to myself, if this coin makes its way back to me like that five dollar bill in the movie Serendipity, everything will be fine! Like that would be a pretty awesome good omen if it happened.

Then Denmark happened and we all know that didn't really end all that well. And I have a very angry email saved in my sent folder as a reminder of that but whatever, it's over and done with.

But guess what I found earlier this day in our office cash box while I was rummaging for coins to pay for the office drinking water.


I dont know. I'm sure it doesn't really mean anything. It's just funny how things...change. (get it? change? because it's change? Ok, I'll shut up forever now bye)



No comments :

Post a Comment